Drupal 7 Warning
To add a link to a menu on your website, follow the directions listed below.
Adding Menu Links
- Navigate to the page you want to add to the menu.
- Click the "Edit" tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Menu Settings."
- Check the "Provide a Menu Link" box.
- The "Menu Link Title" field will automatically populate with your page title. Change this to the clearest, shortest title possible. Why? There is a limited amount of room on the primary menu bar, so brevity is key. Additionally, you should avoid acronyms and branded terms in your menu. You want your website navigation to be clear to anyone who visits your website — whether they are familiar with your work and its terms or not.
- Next, decide what menu you want this page added to by selecting it from the "Parent Item" dropdown list.
- If you want this page to be a main menu item in the gold bar, select, "<Main Menu>."
- If you want this page to live in the gray "Action Links" menu, select "<GT Action Items>."
- If you want this page to be a submenu, from the dropdown list, select the menu item that this page should go under.
- If you want this menu item to live in the footer, select either "GT Footer Links 1" (column 1), "GT Footer Links 2" (column 2), or "GT Footer Links 3" (column 3). Note that these menus will not show up in your footer unless you have enabled the "Configurable" footer menu. Learn how to change the footer options.
- Change the Drupal-generated "URL Alias" to a user-friendly, SEO optimized web address.
- Click the "Save" button.